New Withings ScanWatch Nova smartwatch combines luxury design with the latest digital technology
Withings has unveiled its latest hybrid smartwatch – the ScanWatch Nova – which offers a traditional design while still including the latest digital technology.
ScanWatch Nova has a luxury diver-style design which can provide a range of information including health metrics and an on-demand ECG, respiratory system assessment and sleep tracking.
“ScanWatch Nova makes continuous measurements autonomous and effortless with an extraordinary 30-day battery life,” says Etienne Trégaro, Product Manager at Withings.
“The splendid timepiece imperceptibly embeds a powerful health scan, with all the cutting-edge innovations to enhance your health, wrapped in a stylish aesthetic inspired by the timeless tradition of diver-style watchmaking.”
The ScanWatch Nova has a luxurious design crafted with precision and attention to detail.
It is water resistant and includes a ceramic and stainless steel rotating bezel.
It also has laser engraved markings, a refined sunray dial as well as full Luminova hollow watch hands indicators and thick raised indices so you can still easily tell the time in low light.
The watch face is also made of premium sapphire glass and includes an anti-reflection coating.
On the digital side, the ScanWatch Nova has an OLED high resolution grayscale screen where viewers can view their essential notifications.
On board the ScanWatch Nova are numerous sensors and health tracking features including:
– On-demand medical-grade electrocardiogram: Detect potential heart anomalies at any time such as atrial fibrillation, one of the most prevalent forms of arrhythmias characterised by irregular heart rhythms. Nearly 2 million signs of AFib have been identified on ScanWatch since 2020. By simply touching the bezel, users can launch an ECG reading with live results on the Withings app in just 30 seconds.
– Indication of onset of an illness: Track baseline fluctuations of day and night body temperature which may indicate the onset of an illness or other health conditions. Its revolutionary TempTech24/7 module technology combines miniaturised heat flux sensors (measuring energy transit) with a high-accuracy temperature sensor (measuring ambient & skin temperature), alongside heart rate and accelerometer input calibrations to deliver best-in-class body temperature variation assessment.
– Respiratory system assessment: Track on-demand blood oxygen (SpO2) and overnight breathing disturbances. Good blood oxygenation is necessary for optimal muscle function.
– Advanced sleep metrics: Wake up to a Sleep Quality Score and explore advanced sleep metrics (phases, depth, duration, interruptions) which can help improve your sleep.
– Seamless tracking during physical activity: Track parameters such as steps, calories, elevation, workout routes (via in-app connected GPS) and the automatic recognition of 40+ activities.
– Leading-edge technology: Utilising MultiWave PPG sensors and HealthSense – Withings’ proprietary operating system, ScanWatch Nova can track advanced cardiovascular vitals including heart rate, heart rate variability, and ECG. It also measures SpO2 and breathing disturbances and tracks sleep patterns.
– Intuitive connection to the Withings app: The Withings app allows users to customise the screen and the information they can see on the watch display such as the heart rate variability3, the number of steps taken, the variation of the baseline body temperature, activities and much more. To take things to the next level, a long press on the dial can launch your preferred feature and its ‘quick look option’ activates the watch display with a lift of the wrist. Through the app, users can also receive personalised insights, trends, and recommendations to improve their health journey.
“With ScanWatch Nova, we have created an extraordinary heart health hybrid smartwatch that is as clinically powerful as it is beautiful,” said Eric Carreel, Founder and President of Withings.
“By seamlessly merging luxury design with the power of health technology, peoples’ health journeys can now be as stunning as they are effective.
“It brings amazing, concrete health benefits such as a medical grade ECG and aesthetic allure in one astonishing package.”
The Withings ScanWatch Nova goes on sale on January 8, 2024, and will be priced at $799.
It will be available in blue, black and green with an oyster metal wristband and FKM wristband which are easily swappable.